Registration for the 2016 Support Staff Conference ends July 10th!
Don’t delay! There are only a few days left to register for this exciting learning opportunity. This year’s conference will be held in beautiful Wilsonville, Oregon in the Holiday Inn Portland South. Easily accessible from the freeway and recently remodeled this location is equally convenient, comfortable, and modern.
In addition to the presentation-style format you’re used to (one or two people presenting to an audience for the majority of the allotted time), we are hosting interactive, panel-style sessions as well.
These sessions will involve a short presentation on a theme by the panelists at the beginning, leading into a lightly moderated discussion involving everyone in the room for the majority of the time. You’ll be able to choose which style works best for you, so you can get the absolute most out of the conference.
Take a look at our sessions and presenters/panelists this year:
- Passport to Oregon Libraries: a Brief History of Resource Sharing with Eva Calcagno
- Presentation style conference sessions:
- Managing Compassion Fatigue at Work with Evan Edward Dumas, MD
- Responding to and Assisting People with Unique Needs with Elise Thompson
- One of These Things is Not Like the Other – The Joy of a Diverse Environment with Sandra Valenti
- Interactive panel style conference sessions:
- Ergonomics in the Library with Victoria Eaton, OTD, OTR/L; Kaitlyn Blair, OTS; Kelsey Sandage, OTS; and Amy Van Goey, OTS
- Customer Service Victories with Jennifer Steward and Angela Weyrens
- Training guides, Techniques, and Manuals with Suzy Coleman, Shanel Parette, and Mike Farris
- The ever-popular Basic Book Repair for Libraries with Carolee Harrison
- Our all new guided networking session: Supportlandia with Jane Corry
If you have any questions or comments about the conference, we’d love to hear them! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively call Justyne Triest or Jennifer Patterson, conference committee co-chairs, at (503) 352-1426 and (503) 691-3074 respectively.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media for all the latest conference news!